It has always been common knowledge and tradition to sell your home in spring, when flowers are in bloom and its bright as can be. But when discussing with local real estate agents, us included, you’ll find that the best season to sell your house isn’t necessarily spring.
The right season is all dependent on a variety of different factors, including the property itself. Some factors may be, surroundings, climate and position. For example, if you live beachside, it wouldn’t be recommended you sell the home in summer, as certain times of the year your quiet street will become a carpark.
There can also be an advantage to market your home during the traditionally quiet periods, i.e. Mid to late summer (January and February). Generally speaking, the fewer properties on the market will see your property gaining more exposure.
The 3 P’s: Presentation, Presentation, Presentation
Regardless of what time of year it is, there are some improvements that can be done prior to getting an appraisal or entering the market.
- Thoroughly clean your property from top to bottom, inside and out
- Trim overgrown gardens, remove weeds and refresh garden beds and lawn areas.
- Address any off-putting maintenance issues. This can be categorized as peeling paint, torn carpet, loose gutters.
- Deodorize the house, removing any smelly pet odors. This can be done through carpet cleaning etc.
- Pay for a professional photographer and good marketing.
- Pressure clean dirty pavers
Ensuring the property is well aired and lawns looking healthy and lush will ensure that your property is ready to go on the market. People tend to favor the outdoors more during the warmer months of the year.
Another key point to consider when selling your house is to ensure you have consulted your agent about the best time to show your home. For example, if you have a lot of eastern facing windows, you will probably want to show it during the late evening.
If you are wanting to sell your property or wanting to get some further information regarding when the best time to sell your property is, feel free to call one of our educated sales team members today on (08) 8349 7747.